About

Who we are

Established in 2009 by father and son team Patrick and Dale McLeod, GCF is a specialist contractor offering waterproofing, damp-proofing and tenant installations.

The entrepreneurs’ vision from the outset was to build a company that specialised in waterproofing, damp-proofing and tenant installations that was grounded in three essential philosophies or beliefs: a commitment to doing things right; taking care; and working with integrity.

Today this vision remains as relevant as ever. It continues to inspire and challenge us – and can be found at the heart of how we do business, and each and every project we undertake. It is supported by our values and value-adding approach.

GCF is 100% black owned with a Level One B-BBEE rating. Director Megan McLeod is our majority shareholder (60%), making us majority black-woman owned, with Managing Director Dale McLeod owning the remaining 40%.

We are also a youth-owned business.

Dale McLeod

Dale McLeod

Managing Director

Dale McLeod is a founding member and the managing director of GCF. He is involved in the day-to-day operations of the company, as well as in all decision-making.

Dale uses his extensive project management and operational skills to ensure that client deadlines are met and that all work exceeds expectations. His hands-on approach means that he is personally involved and accountable for all work undertaken by the team. He is also currently completing his Project Management Professional qualification ( gold standard ) through the Project Management Insitutute.

Megan McLeod

Megan McLeod

Director

Megan McLeod is a director at GCF. She heads up the company’s finance and administration functions, as well as assisting with client relationship management. A key part of her role includes direct liaison with clients once projects are completed, ensuring feedback can be used as part of GCF’s continuous improvement process.

Megan has a background in finance and investment.

Patrick McLeod

Patrick McLeod

Director

A professional projects manager and exhibition stand builder by trade, Patrick McLeod has over 30 years of experience in managing and delivering on complex corporate projects for clients including The Foschini Group, Sterns and Matrix.

Patrick is responsible for tenant installations and all set-building and shopfitting requirements at GCF. His active involvement and innovative, solutions-driven approach means that clients meet their project objectives.

Transformation and empowerment

At GCF, we recognise that the responsibility to transform and empower starts with us – which is why our team comes from our local community. We’re committed to upskilling and growing them so that they ultimately leave GCF with better skills, greater knowledge, more self-esteem and confidence, and better earning capacity.

Our partnership with a reputable training academy means that all of our team members receive specific training – beyond compliance essentials. In this way, we’re working to ensure that each project we complete has a real impact and drives meaningful change in our community one individual at a time.